While lubricating equipment with any grease gun (กระบอก อัด จาร บี, term in Thai) that is available with Teo Nooseng Co., Ltd. you must know precisely the lubricant quantity that you must apply per cycle. Also, it is important to know how much lubricant the grease gun can produce per shot.
Typically, most grease guns are able to produce between 1 gm and 1.5 gm per shot. This may often result in a significant amount of over lubrication per point if you do not know the output.
A lubrication technician must know about the grease gun’s output per stroke so that he will know how much grease has to be added after each time any equipment is lubricated.
Every grease gun may vary in the quantity of grease that is pumped per stroke, and that may be in the range of 1 to 3 grams of grease. The actual output may also vary based on the grease gun’s age.
Some factors that you must consider while establishing your standard grease guns used in your facility are:
- How are you loading the grease gun – whether suction fill, cartridge, or in bulk?
- How much are your common quantity of lubrication? Surely, you will not prefer to use a high-volume grease gun in those areas that need just a little amount of grease only for the lubrication tasks.
- The location where the lubrication task will be performed? Few lubrication points are quite easy to reach by using a pistol or any hand-grip grease gun instead of a lever. This can also help to decide where the rigid or flexible extension will be needed.
When you are working with your grease gun lever arm, you should never hold the nozzle. Also, while cycling the lever arm, you must know the risk of over pressurization. Hence, avoid forcing the lever arm if you find strong back pressure.
The following are a few tips for maintaining grease guns and fittings.
- You must wipe your fitting before use for clearing the debris. You must use a certain clean shop rag or any lint-free cloth for clearing debris.
- Always inspect the grease fitting and replace if found defective or damaged.
- Wherever possible, you must standardize your fitting type.
- You must mark your grease fitting with whatever type of grease is used. Avoid making changes.
- Try to learn proper operation of a grease gun and know your delivery volume for each shot. Occasionally get your grease guns calibrated to ensure delivery of proper volume.
- Few grease guns may develop pressure as high as 15,000 psi. You must exercise caution for avoiding overpacking.
- Keep your guns clean, never laid them on dirty surfaces. Always repack on a certain clean bench by using any gun loader fitting.
- When not in use keep the grease-guns covered.
- Always exercise caution to ensure safety.
- While repacking your grease guns from any pressure line, you must wipe your fitting and also the pressure line for preventing contamination. While repacking with tubes, try to move to a certain environmentally controlled area to replace the tube.